Wednesday 22 June 2016

Euro 2016 Group C Conclusion: Germany 1-0 Northern Ireland; Ukraine 0-1 Poland

Work rudely got in the way of my viewing of this double header. Caught the first 25, but then needed to travel home, was delayed on the way, and by the time I reached my television, Germany had already won the group, on goal difference from Poland.

The Germans had a hatful of chances, with Muller spurning many and the man between the Northern Irish sticks putting in a great performance to give his side a chance of being one of the best third placers. SPOILER: Northern Ireland qualified after the conclusion of Group D guaranteed they'd be in the top four of that mini-league.

Didn't see any of the Poland v Ukraine game, but the Poles have done well and will now face Switzerland in the Round 16 - EXACTLY AS I PREDICTED. I make no apologies for the all caps.


No comments:

Post a Comment