Tuesday 28 June 2016

My Euro 2016 Predictions vs Actual Euro 2016

So many surprises. So many big names not performing, new names announcing themselves on the big stage. Yes, I am paving the way for the comparison of the Euro 2016 predictions I made pre-tournament with what's actually happened.

PREDICTED EURO2016 QUARTER-FINAL LINE-UP
Poland v Spain
Russia v Sweden
Germany v Belgium
France v England


ACTUAL EURO2016 QUARTER-FINAL LINE UP
Poland v Portugal
Wales v Belgium
Germany v Italy
France v Iceland

A 50% success rate, then.
I make no excuses for not seeing Wales' and Iceland's amazing run coming.
Russia and Sweden both flopped.
The Italians met the Spanish earlier than expected, so one had to fall.
Enough excuses, the team I tipped to win it are still in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment