Wednesday 8 June 2016

Who Will Qualify For The Euro 2016 Quarter Finals

Those of you who have been paying attention to my group stage predictions, might have been able to work out my line-up for the round of 16. If not, here it is with a little pointer of who I expect to win each game.

Bear in mind, I correctly predicted 3 of the 4 semi-finalists for World Cup 2014.
Yeah, so what, I know. Here goes:

SWITZERLAND v POLAND
The Swiss aren’t the best when it comes to knockout games, whereas Poland are some people’s outside bet for success in Euro2016. I see the Poles winning this.

SPAIN v ITALY
A big-match up so early on, but there’s always one and this is it. Has extra time written all over it, with Spain triumphing written in a tiny font in the corner.

RUSSIA v CROATIA
I’m telling you now, the Russians will be determined to put on a good show ahead of their World Cup in 2018. They will beat Croatia.

PORTUGAL v SWEDEN
Zlat’s all folks. Except no. Even if Ronaldo’s still fit by this stage, I still fancy the Swedes in extra time. Thanks to that man Zlat.

GERMANY v ROMANIA
There’s always a one-sided game in the knockouts and I expect this to be it. The Germans will be getting into gear and cruising into the quarters.

BELGIUM v TURKEY
I like the look of Turkey for this tournament, but this is a beast of a draw for them. I see them taking Belgium all the way, maybe to pens, but coming up short.

FRANCE v UKRAINE
Unthinkable that the hosts won’t win this one. The French will have mobilised support during an impressive group phase, and this win will boost le excitement.

ENGLAND v AUSTRIA

A potential banana skin, for both sides. Evenly matched. Nervy. Could go either way, but as long as it doesn’t go to penalties, I see England winning. Just.

No comments:

Post a Comment